Expectedly so, I think its obvious that a free AKB48 concert would draw crowds. Even on a weekday when everyone is supposed to be working!
There appears to have been a total of three concerts that day, with lines opening up 2.5 hours before each concert. A recent 2ch thread starts off innocently enough, with one commentator posting photos at 9am in the morning of already massive crowds lining up:
The commentator ominously notes: “This isn’t good. The afternoon concert is going to be crazy”.”
After which, an hour before the first concert, we get a quick glimpse of the members gathering, not yet dressed, for a pre-show meeting:
The line seems to wrapping around the concert area building:
A top down view:
As a few others seem to note, attendees were allowed to take photos and video. The set list of songs seems to have been an interesting mix up, featuring the the younger AKB members:
- Heavy Rotation. Center: Yokoyama Yui (okay, so maybe not all younger members (^^)
- Mae shika mukanee. Center: Mukaichi Mion
- Uea kara Mariko. Center: Kato Rena
- Gingham Check. Center: Kawamoto
- Sakura no ki ni narou. Center: Mukaichi Mion
- Ponytail to shushu. Center: Okada Nana, Kojima Mako
- Koisuru Fortune Cookie. Center: Owada Nana
More pictures from the event:
I’m writing about useless and stupid things a lot, and I like to laugh. My policy is 一期一会。It means treasure your meeting with everyone!