Shoe company Shoset collaborates with Mariyaga, who models a brand new line of really shiny sneakers with LED lights in them. Yah.
Well. This isn’t entirely normal. At least, I think so. But anyway, about the shoes themselves: they can change into seven distinct colors, and appear to be rechargeable via USB. Behold:
Here Nagao Mariya very tastefully models the white, colorfully glowing sneakers, in a series of photos:
The shoes themselves are available for sale from Shoset’s website for 11,800 yen (about $100 USD). As for reactions online? Well….
- “Is anyone who’s not a child going to wear these?”
- “I don’t need them”
- “Recharging via USB, that’s pretty new, lol.”
- “I want it”
- “That’s pretty flashy”
- “If an adult were wearing things, it would probably be someone who’s already painful to look at”
- “When would you wear these?”
- “If I saw someone wearing these on the street, I’d back away”
I’m not sure about the fashionable potential of this item, but Nagao Mariya sure is cute!
I’m writing about useless and stupid things a lot, and I like to laugh. My policy is 一期一会。It means treasure your meeting with everyone!