Many people claim that foreign fans are responsible for great upsets in 48-group elections, which makes SNH48’s newest high-profile fan, an Arabian millionaire, very noteworthy.
The aforementioned wota, who is originally from the United Arab Emirates, was seen on July 26th in Shanghai, in front of the Mercedez-Benz Culture Center, and was said to have arrived in order to watch the SHN48 General Election Concert.
His oshimen is Ju Jing Yi, also known as “Kiku-chan”, as was apparent by the number of otaku goods that he carried with him, which included an official towel, and a large sign with Kiku’s name on it.
Here’s a photo of Kiku-chan. For science!
Many take note of his financial status, as it may have implications on election votes. More money does mean being able to buy more votes.
However, it seems like he does not throw a terrible amount of money away in the election, as his oshimen only achieved a #2 rank in the last election. Voting tickets for SHN48 are also said to be only 780 yen, which is much cheaper than obtaining Japanese voting tickets.
Regardless, he seems to wear his otaku-ness very proudly:
Some of the comments online from fellow wota, via 2ch:
- “She’s got an oil millionaire following her, but she’s only #2? LOL”
- “He’s probably just checking it out this year. Next year is when he gets serious, haha”
- “If she’s got someone like this following her, she’ll be unstoppable!”
- “Maybe she’ll become a millionaire’s princess, right? Maybe she’ll quit, or try to make her way into AKB48’s election. I really want to see Arab fans and Sasshi wota fight it out!”
- “These aren’t Chinese votes; they’re Arab votes”
- “I laughed so much at these photos. What kind of filming is this? hahaha”
- “Is this for real? If SNH48 has gone into the Arab world, that means they’ve gone global. Worldwide!”
- “Wow, this really came out of nowhere.”
It’s not confirmed, but there are many who believe that this is fake and it was staged as a type of viral promo.
Staged or not, who can say really. Let’s see if this makes SNH48 more popular.
I’m writing about useless and stupid things a lot, and I like to laugh. My policy is 一期一会。It means treasure your meeting with everyone!