One 2ch user suggests that most fans pick their favorite Japanese idol based on looks or character alone, and not the strength of their performance. Do you agree? Follow along, as other 2ch users chime in.
Hi there. Welcome to “2chan says.” I will be attempting to translate selected threads from Japanese message board 2chan (aka, 2ch or 2channel), purely for interest and entertainment purposes (and for translation practice). The opinions expressed here belong to the anonymous Japanese internet at large, and do not necessarily reflect the view of akbzine; plus, this page could be riddled with translation errors anyway. Proceed at your own risk, fine reader!
“Is there anyone who you started liking after you saw how good they were at singing or dancing?”
1： 47の素敵な(地震なし)＠＼(^o^)／：2016/02/04(木) 07:49:20.97
It seems like most people start liking members because of their good looks, character, or handshake reaction. Are there any members you fell in love with as a result of seeing their performance?
2： 47の素敵な(家)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 51da-bCr0)：2016/02/04(木) 07:50:58.22 ID:wfvEDqzb0.net
Yes, there are!
3： 47の素敵な(catv?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱﾒ MMd3-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 07:50:58.78 ID:rTPNIxzmM.net
Acchan [Maeda Atsuko]. When I saw her on the stage for the first time, and realized she was a completely different person, it gave me goose bumps.
4： 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｽﾌﾟｰ Sdf8-LtUt)：2016/02/04(木) 07:53:08.00 ID:r+xBgWX+d.net
I fell in love with Kasai Tomomi.
5： 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｽﾌﾟｰ Sde8-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 07:54:34.77 ID:PhkiOlsMd.net
Kuma-chan [Kumazaki Haruka]. Her mic performance and blog are so-so, but her dance was so cute that I started to like her.
7： 47の素敵な(やわらか銀行)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 30ae-jbLH)：2016/02/04(木) 07:59:03.30 ID:dxWGfICj0.net
Dude, there are so many members like that. Handshake reactions don’t mean anything.
9： 47の素敵な(広島県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ ab3b-31pe)：2016/02/04(木) 07:59:20.27 ID:2+aQhzPT0.net
Yokomichi Yuri’s dance during Halloween Night as so much sexier than anyone else. After I saw that, I fell in love.
10： 47の素敵な(やわらか銀行)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 4dae-SiRx)：2016/02/04(木) 07:59:36.43 ID:V/cwQhII0.net
That’s really tough. There isn’t anything that can beat looks and character.
12： 47の素敵な(空)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾌﾞｰｲﾓ MMf8-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 08:03:04.54 ID:2irNWjHOM.net
There isn’t anyone I would recommend.
14： 47の素敵な(大阪府)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 5057-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 08:12:58.64 ID:+WKAAUhl0.net
When I saw Yamauchi Suzuran in a theater performance, I almost fell in love with her at first sight.
15： 47の素敵な(チベット自治区)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 16d3-SiRx)：2016/02/04(木) 08:15:05.85 ID:8iJbulre0.net
I unfortunately pay too much attention to Nishino Miki’s type of dance.
16： 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｽﾌﾟｰ Sde8-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 08:15:38.57 ID:P1l8+1LGd.net
17： 47の素敵な(SB-iPhone)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｻｻｸｯﾃﾛ Sp77-/Cyv)：2016/02/04(木) 08:18:04.91 ID:8T3gfnX6p.net
What the f**k?
Dancing and singing are the only things I look at!
If you get remove their song and dance, what the hell is left????
25： 47の素敵な(やわらか銀行)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 4dae-OljM)：2016/02/04(木) 08:27:09.90 ID:jVaBCUf60.net
I became a Mayuyu fan after seeing her performance.
27： 47の素敵な(埼玉県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 598a-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 08:30:17.06 ID:pMVLR3Yz0.net
I have only been to a handshake once.
30： 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｽﾌﾟｰ Sdf8-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 08:46:47.72 ID:+xb0VFh7d.net
34： 47の素敵な(地震なし)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 196a-ZuXo)：2016/02/04(木) 09:04:27.56 ID:CqmVKgra0.net
35： 47の素敵な(catv?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 56cd-v5Gt)：2016/02/04(木) 09:06:05.22 ID:K5m72cuf0.net
41： 47の素敵な(SB-iPhone)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｻｻｸｯﾃﾛ Sp77-SiRx)：2016/02/04(木) 09:25:34.81 ID:Sk8rf2elp.net
Well, it is not just about liking members because of their performance, but their performance and “synergy”. If you look at Hello Project, there are so many girls like that.
Take Meimi Tamura for instance. She has been in musicals ever since she was a child actress, so she is very good at singing. She has long legs, so when she moves around during live performance, her movements are “piercing,” and she really stands out. That is why she became popular. Her stage presence is second to none.
But if this girl was part of AKB, they probably would not let her sing live. They would not give her a solo part. Fans would not notice her charm or appeal, and she would be buried. That is because Akimoto Yasushi cannot be a good producer for girls who have talent or personality.
55： 47の素敵な(SB-iPhone)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｻｻｸｯﾃﾛ Sp77-/Cyv)：2016/02/04(木) 12:27:41.70 ID:8T3gfnX6p.net
Milky. Sayane. Aigasa Moe. Yamauchi Suzuran. Oguri Yui. She’s really not my type at all, but I also like Abe Maria.
56： 47の素敵な(catv?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 9dda-DgYM)：2016/02/04(木) 12:30:55.11 ID:ZTJPkw1O0.net
I love Kashiwagi-san’s performance.
59： 47の素敵な(東京都)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 335e-pMh+)：2016/02/04(木) 12:32:58.62 ID:dGJMSvz50.net
I saw how sexy Maeda Atsuko was when she swiveled her hips during a performance of Iiwake Maybe. Then I fell in love with AKB!
61： 47の素敵な(SB-iPhone)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｻｻｸｯﾃﾛ Sp77-/Cyv)：2016/02/04(木) 12:34:09.74 ID:8T3gfnX6p.net
AKB does not really have that many cute girls, so they naturally have strength in singing and dancing. Also, I really wish that interesting members appeared on TV more often.
62： 47の素敵な(SB-iPhone)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｻｻｸｯﾃﾛ Sp77-/Cyv)：2016/02/04(木) 12:38:59.53 ID:ivSE7WJrp.net
I saw Miorin performing in “Kimi no koto ga suki dakara”. The way she fumbled with both her hands and jumped was so cute. She was the smallest, but she jumped the highest.
67： 47の素敵な(西日本)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 36a0-DgYM)：2016/02/04(木) 12:52:14.19 ID:nIHf4ws60.net
I really love Milky’s dancing.
70： 47の素敵な(やわらか銀行)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 4dae-SiRx)：2016/02/04(木) 14:11:02.71 ID:V/cwQhII0.net
I have gotten tired of AKB’s theater, so last year I only went one time. But I visit other idol venues every week.
71： 47の素敵な(pc?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 6ef9-DgYM)：2016/02/04(木) 14:20:42.39 ID:JkNlClg/0.net
Kawamoto Saya’s performance completely stands out.
78： 47の素敵な(禿)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｵｯﾍﾟｹ Sr77-/FJP)：2016/02/04(木) 14:56:44.24 ID:aCNS77Wnr.net
Maeda Atsuko. I do not like AKB, and I do not like Acchan’s face or personality. But it was love at first sight when I saw her dancing. The way she moved her legs and hips was the best!
More entries in the “2chan says” series:
- 2ch says: What is common among first-time wota at concerts & performances?
- 2chan says: I love Kato Mina so much, I want to move to Niigata
- 2chan says: if there's a kiss scene with my oshimen, I'm quitting the fandom
- 2chan says: Sasshi is too strong. She should retire from the election
- 2chan says: What is the point in not participating in the election?
- 2chan says: I can't stop trembling thinking about Fuji TV's broadcast of the election...
- 2chan says: Why can't they just sell handshake tickets directly?
- 2chan says: I want to meet members randomly in the street. What should I do?
- 2chan says: When did you start losing your enthusiasm for AKB?
- 2chan says: Kenkyuusei are not allowed to use cell phones backstage
- 2chan says: I'm 25 years old. How can I become an idol?
- 2chan says: Do you tell people that you are an AKB otaku?
- 2chan says: I have about 5000 AKB photos, and I just realized it's all a waste
- 2chan says: what do members think of fans who use only 1 handshake ticket?
- 2chan says: When did the election become such a meaningless event?
- 2chan says: Anyone picked their oshimen based solely on performance skill?
- 2chan says: Is there a girl who's handshake response is the same, regardless of looks?
- 2chan says: please tell me! How can I change my oshimen?
- 2chan says: To wota who have been to all theaters, which is the best?
- 2chan says: I've been a Sasshi hater for three years. I'm tired
- 2chan says: Yokoyama General Manager's development...
- 2chan says: "When I look at Izurina, it really pisses me off..."
- 2chan says: Tani Marika's messy room appears again