According to one 2ch user, AKB kenkyuusei, or “research students”, are not allowed to use their cell phones while in dressing rooms, or backstage. The discussion that follows argues the pros and cons of such a rule. Should kenkyuusei be allowed to use their cell phones before becoming full fledged members?
Hi there. Welcome to “2chan says.” I will be attempting to translate selected threads from Japanese message board 2chan (aka, 2ch or 2channel), purely for interest and entertainment purposes (and for translation practice). The opinions expressed here belong to the anonymous Japanese internet at large, and do not necessarily reflect the view of akbzine; plus, this page could be riddled with translation errors anyway. Proceed at your own risk, fine reader!
Translation note: this edition of “2chan says” was provoked by Reika. Thanks 😛
1: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-snq8) 2016/03/06(日) 19:20:21.16 ID:eX+KpJa5a.net
I heard this during Takita Kayoko’s birthday performance. It was in a letter from Iino Miyabi.
This is the first time I have ever heard of it. What is the point of having this discriminatory rule?
6: 47の素敵な(東京都)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ f31e-6e0I) 2016/03/06(日) 19:22:09.08 ID:uTiSPoWo0.net
It means this: if you have enough free time to play with your phone, you should do something useful, like cleaning the dressing room.
2: 47の素敵な(pc?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW f357-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:21:16.89 ID:CeDGxDqL0.net
It’s been like that for a while now.
3: 47の素敵な(WiMAX)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｲﾓﾏｰ MMc7-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:21:22.89 ID:VbLeSJgdM.net
It stops them from posting stupid shit on Twitter.
4: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:21:29.01 ID:Bb+orwG9a.net
You are late to the game.
5: 47の素敵な(神奈川県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW ff6b-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:21:29.72 ID:oQJaVKHc0.net
It’s been that way for a long time.
7: 47の素敵な(大阪府)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW d328-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:22:27.49 ID:6UoIYpXH0.net
If the research students have enough free time to pick at their phones, they should be “studying” instead.
8: 47の素敵な(千葉県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 03fb-6e0I) 2016/03/06(日) 19:22:43.99 ID:60gzflAC0.net
It’s a good rule.
If they’re free enough to use their phones, it’s better that they learn the songs or memorize dance moves.
9: 47の素敵な(オランダ)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 8fee-YjMb) 2016/03/06(日) 19:22:45.03 ID:bUd73amT0.net
Well, this isn’t as bad the SKE48 “backstage” area just being the toilet.
11: 47の素敵な(東日本)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ dbf1-AABM) 2016/03/06(日) 19:23:28.21 ID:SxqG/Nz60.net
I suppose this was caused when the 8th gen posted stupid stuff on Twitter after Takamina got.
12: 47の素敵な(dion軍)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲWW cb2b-5I92) 2016/03/06(日) 19:23:44.95 ID:LLifzlPg0.net
It is probably because there are some girls who are messing with their phones all the way up until just before the performance, and then they end up making tons of mistakes while dancing
14: 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｽﾌﾟｰ Sdc7-WiG8) 2016/03/06(日) 19:24:59.04 ID:n9gXCiaMd.net
Honestly, regular members should also be forbidden to use their phones.
34: 48の素敵な(catv?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 57fc-APwY) 2016/03/06(日) 19:44:52.25 ID:gcGuXnD30.net
I agree. This will prevent “accidental” photos from the dressing room.
15: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-thq7) 2016/03/06(日) 19:26:07.71 ID:Y6xxIslYa.net
More than that, they should ban all the snacks too.
17: 47の素敵な(北陸地方)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｶﾞﾗﾌﾟｰ KKff-SjVK) 2016/03/06(日) 19:26:59.04 ID:/+cvUeHnK.net
Well, this will encourage them to try harder and become full fledged members, in order to use their phones.
20: 47の素敵な(新疆ウイグル自治区)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ c740-6e0I) 2016/03/06(日) 19:28:40.43 ID:2vPnU9FT0.net
Do they still make the research students wait outside the elevator in the hallway? It’s really cold nowadays.
26: 47の素敵な(千葉県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW e31a-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:30:57.06 ID:WW6ronMd0.net
They were all sitting on the ground by the lockers, right?
24: 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｽﾌﾟｰ Sdc7-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:30:46.45 ID:vDorHvisd.net
This has been known for a long time now.
29: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-thq7) 2016/03/06(日) 19:34:27.12 ID:2loh0J7Za.net
I did not know at all. Do the other groups do the same thing?
32: 47の素敵な(やわらか銀行)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ c3ae-6e0I) 2016/03/06(日) 19:40:13.93 ID:FEUnxvQN0.net
They can’t take photos while other members are changing.
35: 47の素敵な(catv?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 1378-fAwi) 2016/03/06(日) 19:45:57.93 ID:vIEZ9k4t0.net
I think the other groups should do it too. They’ll never have enough plugs at those handshake events.
36: 47の素敵な(pc?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ ef52-AkZU) 2016/03/06(日) 19:46:08.32 ID:iNgEO+Bf0.net
I wish they would take more photos while changing!
33: 47の素敵な(関東・東海)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｶﾞﾗﾌﾟｰ KKff-hVDn) 2016/03/06(日) 19:42:53.48 ID:q01XzPXCK.net
For HKT, there doesn’t seem to be much difference between regular members and research students.
More entries in the “2chan says” series:
- 2ch says: What is common among first-time wota at concerts & performances?
- 2chan says: I love Kato Mina so much, I want to move to Niigata
- 2chan says: if there's a kiss scene with my oshimen, I'm quitting the fandom
- 2chan says: Sasshi is too strong. She should retire from the election
- 2chan says: What is the point in not participating in the election?
- 2chan says: I can't stop trembling thinking about Fuji TV's broadcast of the election...
- 2chan says: Why can't they just sell handshake tickets directly?
- 2chan says: I want to meet members randomly in the street. What should I do?
- 2chan says: When did you start losing your enthusiasm for AKB?
- 2chan says: Kenkyuusei are not allowed to use cell phones backstage
- 2chan says: I'm 25 years old. How can I become an idol?
- 2chan says: Do you tell people that you are an AKB otaku?
- 2chan says: I have about 5000 AKB photos, and I just realized it's all a waste
- 2chan says: what do members think of fans who use only 1 handshake ticket?
- 2chan says: When did the election become such a meaningless event?
- 2chan says: Anyone picked their oshimen based solely on performance skill?
- 2chan says: Is there a girl who's handshake response is the same, regardless of looks?
- 2chan says: please tell me! How can I change my oshimen?
- 2chan says: To wota who have been to all theaters, which is the best?
- 2chan says: I've been a Sasshi hater for three years. I'm tired
- 2chan says: Yokoyama General Manager's development...
- 2chan says: "When I look at Izurina, it really pisses me off..."
- 2chan says: Tani Marika's messy room appears again