Handshake tickets started out as a bonus special incentive included with the purchase of CDs. Nowadays, with wota buying CDs for the very specific purpose of obtaining said handshake tickets, one 2ch user asks: why don’t they just sell the handshakes tickets, and save yourself the expense of a CD?
Hi there. Welcome to “2chan says.” I will be attempting to translate selected threads from Japanese message board 2chan (aka, 2ch or 2channel), purely for interest and entertainment purposes (and for translation practice). The opinions expressed here belong to the anonymous Japanese internet at large, and do not necessarily reflect the view of akbzine; plus, this page could be riddled with translation errors anyway. Proceed at your own risk, fine reader!
Translation note: the original poster immediately asks about the laws involved, so it may be that there is some legal precedent here. “Oricon” is a Japanese company that provides statistics for music industry, and are well known for their music sales charts.
1: 47の素敵な(長野県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾋｯﾅｰW cb48-fAwi) 2016/03/03(木) 21:47:13.40 ID:x5R1RcsJ00303.net
Someone who knows the law: please tell me!
2: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾋｯﾅｰ Sa3b-fAwi) 2016/03/03(木) 21:56:49.21 ID:v4u0i9W0a0303.net
It’s not about the law. It’s about Oricon charts, right?
3: 47の素敵な(茸)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾋｯﾅｰ Sdc7-fAwi) 2016/03/03(木) 21:57:01.83 ID:qdD2fc38d0303.net
There isn’t a “Handshake Ticket Chart”.
4: 47の素敵な(新潟県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾋｯﾅｰ 9389-xI+B) 2016/03/03(木) 21:59:17.83 ID:EX4ihHL+00303.net
If they only just sold the handshake tickets for like, 500 yen a piece. Then members would be able to get a lot more handshakes.
5: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-thq7) 2016/03/03(木) 22:03:09.73 ID:G/RPCLjna.net
If they just do handshakes and accept money for that, they start getting into issues related to child labor laws. Right now they stick with, “show business work” and provide handshake events as a “free bonus service” as part of that.
6: 47の素敵な(pc?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 570d-Qcu0) 2016/03/03(木) 22:05:36.52 ID:mOommS7s0.net
Maybe handshakes tickets aren’t doable, but it seems like “event participation tickets” do not have any problems.
7: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳT Sa8b-oIOF) 2016/03/03(木) 22:07:36.25 ID:k/+qlUOBa.net
In China’s SNH48, they have the “eco sale” package. If you check the box that says, “I don’t need a CD”, you just get the handshake ticket and photo. The CD is just going to be thrown away, so this is way better.
12: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-thq7) 2016/03/03(木) 22:21:14.44 ID:G/RPCLjna.net
If they’re all over 18 years of age, selling just handshake tickets is fine. The issue is that you can’t accept money for handshake tickets for members under 18 years of age.
13: 47の素敵な(はんぺん)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ eb27-APwY) 2016/03/03(木) 22:23:08.54 ID:Q/47PD+60.net
If they start doing that, it’ll turn into something like the sex industry.
20: 47の素敵な(地震なし)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 4b1e-6e0I) 2016/03/03(木) 22:42:45.96 ID:PgOtDq4U0.net
It’s the different between their public face and their real intentions. Like soaplands and pachinko.
22: 47の素敵な(やわらか銀行)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW c3ae-thq7) 2016/03/03(木) 22:44:05.36 ID:cM8+/gUA0.net
I don’t really care if they just sell handshake tickets. But if they include a CD, they make more money. They do recordings, and they’re able to appear on music shows.
23: 47の素敵な(千葉県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW ef8f-fAwi) 2016/03/03(木) 22:49:54.96 ID:DmsjOUh70.net
By all means, selling handshake tickets is fine. But Akimoto Yasushi is a writer of lyrics and sells songs. Using those songs, with things like karaoke and such, he gets a lot of royalties. Therefore, it’s best that the place remains a record company.
24: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳT Sa8b-f8zn) 2016/03/03(木) 22:51:50.96 ID:rYuLu1pza.net
It’s a CD freebie. Handshakes equals meetings equals customs. If they start accepting money directly, it become such that they’ll expect something more than just a handshake. It’ll turn into the sex industry and be part of those laws.
27: 47の素敵な(catv?)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW e30a-7aqI) 2016/03/03(木) 23:01:36.20 ID:ZElhOalm0.net
When members aren’t able to appear in handshake events, they issue refunds, don’t they?
I wonder what they were thinking when they started doing that?
32: 47の素敵な(庭)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｱｳｱｳ Sa3b-thq7) 2016/03/03(木) 23:13:00.05 ID:G/RPCLjna.net
That’s just to prevent fraud. They made a clear distinction that the tickets were free, and that that those tickets were used in exchange for handshakes.
28: 47の素敵な(dion軍)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 43a1-Ws+i) 2016/03/03(木) 23:03:44.77 ID:DRkHY2Ww0.net
Others have said the same thing, but selling tickets by themselves makes them fall under laws of the service industry. If that happens, then age limits are also in effect. The other thing is that if they become part of the service industry, then they may be unable to rent out large public spaces like Tokyo Big Site for the handshake events.
37: 47の素敵な(神奈川県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲ 434c-Z0Qx) 2016/03/03(木) 23:17:17.36 ID:wOwKhk8m0.net
Man, if they can get away with that, some famous members could just graduate and make a ton of money on their own.
38: 47の素敵な(千葉県)＠＼(^o^)／ (ﾜｯﾁｮｲW 0393-N1++) 2016/03/03(木) 23:17:54.38 ID:+Y+L0OhQ0.net
What’s up with those underground idols sell those 1,000 yen instant photos and other stuff?
39: 47の素敵な(禿)＠＼(^o^)／ (ｵｯﾍﾟｹ Sr5b-UbS+) 2016/03/03(木) 23:22:21.52 ID:Bt72jX0gr.net
That’s how they really make money!
More entries in the “2chan says” series:
- 2ch says: What is common among first-time wota at concerts & performances?
- 2chan says: I love Kato Mina so much, I want to move to Niigata
- 2chan says: if there's a kiss scene with my oshimen, I'm quitting the fandom
- 2chan says: Sasshi is too strong. She should retire from the election
- 2chan says: What is the point in not participating in the election?
- 2chan says: I can't stop trembling thinking about Fuji TV's broadcast of the election...
- 2chan says: Why can't they just sell handshake tickets directly?
- 2chan says: I want to meet members randomly in the street. What should I do?
- 2chan says: When did you start losing your enthusiasm for AKB?
- 2chan says: Kenkyuusei are not allowed to use cell phones backstage
- 2chan says: I'm 25 years old. How can I become an idol?
- 2chan says: Do you tell people that you are an AKB otaku?
- 2chan says: I have about 5000 AKB photos, and I just realized it's all a waste
- 2chan says: what do members think of fans who use only 1 handshake ticket?
- 2chan says: When did the election become such a meaningless event?
- 2chan says: Anyone picked their oshimen based solely on performance skill?
- 2chan says: Is there a girl who's handshake response is the same, regardless of looks?
- 2chan says: please tell me! How can I change my oshimen?
- 2chan says: To wota who have been to all theaters, which is the best?
- 2chan says: I've been a Sasshi hater for three years. I'm tired
- 2chan says: Yokoyama General Manager's development...
- 2chan says: "When I look at Izurina, it really pisses me off..."
- 2chan says: Tani Marika's messy room appears again