With the recent construction of the new BEJ48/GNZ48 theater, Japanese wota can’t help but draw comparisons…
If you’ve ever been to the AKB48 Theater in Akihabara, you’ll know that it’s a little bit on the tiny side, massive columns notwithstanding. Theater-going wota know this well, so with the recent reveal of BEJ48’s new theater, one can’t help but draw comparisons.
First, some choice photos of the AKB48 main theater:
It’s not much to look at, as it i occupies the 8th floor of the Don Quixote shopping center in Akihabara. If you’re a tall person, you won’t like it much, but I guess you could call it a little “cozy”.
And one look inside the theater during a performance:
And now, take note of the new BEJ48 theater space and adjoining shopping center:
As you can see, much more space! The reactions from a recent 2ch thread, are interesting, to say the least, with many noting the size and shininess of the newer BEJ48 theater:
- “Why did it turn out like this?”
- “That place feels like SanRio Fairy Land”
- “First of all, those pillars in the AKB48 theater!”
- “China is so amazing…”
- “It’s different when you make a theater and you’re unsure of whether it will be a success, and when you make a theater knowing that it’ll be a success.”
- “Looking at the outline of Shanghai’s streets, it kind of makes Tokyo look a little dull”
- “Complete and utter defeat!”
- “So this is the different in economic strength”
If anything, it looks like these girls will have a lot more dance space!
I’m writing about useless and stupid things a lot, and I like to laugh. My policy is 一期一会。It means treasure your meeting with everyone!