The AKB48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo Museum is a temporary exhibit to celebrate the current year’s election, and will be featured in two locales in western and eastern Tokyo.
What’s in the museum you ask?
- All 272 candidates posters will be on display.
- Member’s written commentary concerning the election
- A portrait of the #1 member, and the magnificent and luxurious chair that the winner sits in each year.
- Programs featuring surprise appearance by members
- Special photo gallery by photographer Leslie Kee (he did a similar thing last year)
From June 2nd to 12th, 2016 it will appear in Parco Museum inside of Shibuya Parco. From June 14th to June 26th, 2016, the location Tokyo Soramachi Space on the 5th floor of Tokyo Soramachi Building.
1,500 yen for adult entry, and 1,000 yen price for middle schoolers or younger. Each ticket comes with a free poster of a member of your choice!
Now if only I could return to Japan during that time….
I’m writing about useless and stupid things a lot, and I like to laugh. My policy is 一期一会。It means treasure your meeting with everyone!